5 Reasons to Start Group Fitness Classes
When people come in to AFC Fitness for the first time they are often uncertain which types of workouts they should do. One of the first things we recommend is a group fitness class. Whether you’re a novice at the gym or you just don’t have much fitness experience, group fitness classes may be the perfect starting point. Joining a fitness class can help build a foundation of structure and motivation that you can use to propel your fitness routine for years.
- Structure – We all need it. Because let’s face it, everyone is busy with limited time for fitness, so getting the most out of our workout time is HUGE. Group fitness is a great way to get a workout in without having to think or plan what you need to do. Each class is organized with a warm-up, the main workout and a cool-down session. Therefore all you have to do is show up, follow the instructor’s directions and work hard. This structure can be especially great when you have things on your mind like your job, kids, dinner and other life stresses.
- Inspiration – It’s motivating to be surrounded by devoted, like-minded exercisers. And nothing spurs enthusiasm more than a class with an encouraging coach and supportive people all working together as a team. Participating in group fitness classes is a great way to help cheer-on yourself and others to get more out of their workouts.
- Variety of Classes – Cycling, Zumba, Yoga, Pilates, Body Pump,–the list of classes goes on. There is an enormous variety of fitness classes offered at all AFC Fitness gyms. Having an assortment of classes in your weekly workout regimen is a great way to create muscle uncertainty or muscle confusion, which keeps all major muscle groups involved and increases your metabolism, too. Variety also helps prevent boredom in your workouts. As they say, variety is the spice of life.
- Proper Form – Making sure that everyone in the class is doing each exercise the right way is proper teaching. It’s the fitness instructor’s job to not only show proper form, but to help classmates reduce the potential of injuries. And correct form is important for your muscles to get the most benefit out of every exercise.
- Having Fun – Simply put: group fitness classes are enjoyable. With a group of people motivating each other in between perfectly matched music tracks, a great workout, it’s an fun way to exercise.
If you’re interested in improving your fitness levels but you’re not sure where to start, group classes might be just the thing to help you start and fall in love with fitness!
Not interested in group fitness? Still not sure where to start, though? Discover how one-on-one personal training at AFC Fitness could be the most effective way to reach fitness goals.