8 Tips To Help You Achieve Your Fitness Objectives and Stay Motivated
- Set reasonable goals. Instead of saying to yourself “I’m going to lose weight,” commit to more specific targets like going to the gym three times a week for a cycling class.
- Test and measure your current health and fitness levels. All AFC Fitness gyms offer personal trainers on staff to help you measure your fitness progress. Testing and monitoring pinpoints the areas you need to work on and tracks your advancement.
- Track your workouts. Record how many times you went to the gym, how long you ran on the treadmill, how much weight you used in an exercise, how many sets of exercises you did, and your fatigue level during your workout.
- Workout with a friend or join a fitness center with others that like going to the gym . You’ll gain more motivation and fitness than if you exercise alone. Just make sure your friend is dependable and encouraging.
- Slowly but surely build up your workouts. Don’t overdo it on the elliptical or attempt to dead lift 300 pounds your first time out. You’ll burn out fast and may even get injured.
- Train for a specific event. Nothing gets you motivated to exercise and keeps you going like being on a mission to accomplish fitness goals by a certain date. Whether it’s to finish a 5k run or fit in to a wedding dress, the feeling of achievement you get from completing your objective is like nothing else.
- Physical Education. Keep up with exercise trends and techniques by reading books, websites and talking to personal trainers.
- Pay yourself as you achieve goals. Set benchmarks and give yourself a reward once you reach it: a new pair of shoes after a month of faithful exercising, maybe something more expensive after 3 months, like a new phone.